Amazon.com Price: $21.99 (as of 03/01/2024 06:43 PST- Details)
Maybe your head knows that God is always good, but your heart’s not so sure. Or perhaps while reading Scripture, you’ve wondered if our Creator Redeemer went through a personality change—from strictly enforcing the rules in the Old Testament to loving the outcast in the New!
In this 7-session Bible study, you’ll discover divine love in the often overlooked and misunderstood passages in Scripture. And you’ll be delighted to find that Jehovah of the Old Testament is the same redemptive and compassionate God we see through Jesus Christ in the New Testament. He has always been and will always be for us!
- Personal study to be completed between the 7 group sessions
- Teaching videos, approximately 30–40 minutes each, via redemption code printed in the Bible study book
- Leader helps for group discussion
- Explore the historical-cultural context of biblical texts to grasp their deeper meaning.
- Discover God’s redemptive heart throughout Scripture and how He longs to redeem you.
- Allow a renewed understanding of God’s perfect compassion and perfect holiness to drive you to deeper intimacy and trust in Him.
- Session 1: The Heart Behind the Herding (35:00)—Lisa opens the study by showing us how God’s action of driving, or herding, Adam and Eve out of the garden after the fall was redemptive in nature. She emphasizes that even when God is herding us, He is expressing His love for us.
- Session 2: Inheriting Grace from Mr. Z’s Girls (41:15)—In Session 2, Lisa unpacks a difficult passage in Deuteronomy and digs into the story of Zelophehad’s daughters to show God’s deep love and mercy for His daughters.
- Session 3: All It Took Was Just One Look (45:09)—Lisa unveils the beautiful love story in Song of Songs to reveal the attentive and affectionate love of Christ.
- Session 4: His Supernatural, Superlative Affection (37:48)—In Session 4, Lisa uses the parable of the drowsy daddy and the persistent neighbor in Luke 11 to show the heart of God to bless His children with His “how much more” love.
- Session 5: Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice (31:54)—In the Session 5 video, Lisa points out the vital roles specific women played in Jesus’ ministry and in the leadership of the early church to show that God doesn’t consider women less-than in His kingdom’s work.
- Session 6: Always For Our Good and His Glory (40:28)—Lisa reinforces the theme of the study by discussing several passages that have shown her the love of God and His redemptive heart for His people.
- Session 7: The Only Story We Can Stake Our Lives On (31:05)—Lisa wraps up the study in this session 7 video by reminding us that God has revealed Himself and His love through His Word. She cautions us that, like the Israelites, we are prone to lose our way if we don’t always align our lives by God’s life-giving Word.
Christmas shopping made easy – check out the Lifeway Christmas page for inspirational gift ideas!